Are you looking for an easy tortilla soup recipe you can enjoy on the Keto diet?
This delicious low-carb tortilla keto soup recipe is hearty, spicy and perfect for any day of the week.
Pretty much it has everything you want in a bowl of tortilla soup. This is especially true if you love the heat of Jalapeno peppers.
If you are into spicy soups, this will definitely be your go-to low-carb soup recipe.
Without compromising delicious, rich flavor, this tortilla soup brings the heat like no other. You’ll be sweating in a healthy way while being blown away by the boldness of the spice blend.
While I love pre-made soups, instant soup seasonings and all, if you have time, I suggest you grind whole seeds. The aroma from those freshly ground spices will bring a whole new level of experience.
While I like to invest my time in making my own blend of spices, this recipe lets me cut corners in other areas. The original way of making this soup starts with browning the chicken thighs in a saucepan, I skip all that. Instead, I use rotisserie chicken and strip the carcass of meat.
It’s a quick way to replace any cooked chicken in the recipe, and it works perfectly for this soup.
I also like to note that since it’s a high-fat, low-carb recipe, it’s perfect for a keto diet and other low-carb diets. But don’t hesitate to serve to non-dieters too. It’s one recipe that sure pleases the whole crowd and has them asking for a second.
If you plan to store it for lunch the next day, I suggest doubling the recipe.
Keto Low-Carb Tortilla Soup
This low-carb tortilla soup recipe is super easy to make and Keto friendly. If you’re in the mood for a bowl of Mexican tortilla soup, give this recipe a try.
1 tbsp 1 tablespoon avocado oil
1/2 pound rotisserie chicken, stripped the carcass of meat
1 whole onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 whole carrot, peeled and diced
and 1 stalk celery, diced
1 cup tomatoes, diced
3-4 whole jalapeno peppers, diced
2 cups chicken stock
2 tsp chili powder, ground
1 tsp cumin powder, ground
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, ground
1 cup full-fat cream cheese
1/4 cup cilantro, fresh and chopped
- Remove the chicken meat from the rotisserie chicken and put aside.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion and garlic for 3 minutes until they are golden brown and softened.
- Stir in the carrot, celery, jalapenos, tomatoes, and the stripped chicken meat. Add in all the spices and mix for 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are soft and tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cream cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. If the soup is too thick, add in 1/8 cup of chicken stock to make it thinner.
- Divide the soup into 4 bowls and garnish it with chopped cilantro. Serve warm and enjoy!
Per Serving (1 serving): 452 calories, 35 g fat, 25g protein, 11g total carbs, 8g net carbs.