All women have a body and facial hair, but facial hair is usually light coloured. The growth of facial hair is a natural phenomenon even in the case of women. However, in some women, the growth is thick and rapid due to excessive secretion of androgens. It can also be a result of Poly-Cystic Ovarian Disorder, commonly known as PCOD. Women spend a large sum of money on waxing kits, threading, trimmers and some even bleach facial hair to hide it. Some women find this even too gross to talk about it. There are far easier and purely natural ways of dealing with facial hair at home. Here is how,
Sugar-Lemon face mask
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime
- 9-10 spoons of water
- Make a solution of water and sugar and let the sugar dissolve completely.
- Add lemon juice to the solution.
- Heat the solution for 5minutes so that the sugar dissolves completely and then let it cool down. Leave it till it has the consistency of a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to the areas affected with hair growth and let it dry.
- Rinse with cold water. Repeat the process 3-4 times a week for best results.
- Sugar in the solution sticks to the hair but does not stick on the skin. When you wash it off, the hair gets removed with the sugar. This also prevents the hair from coming back.
- The vitamin C in lemon acts as a natural bleach. It prevents any swelling and redness of the skin caused by irritation.
Papaya-turmeric face pack
- half a tsp of turmeric powder
- a few chunks of fresh papaya
- Using a fork, mash the chunks of freshly cut papaya and add turmeric powder to it.
- Obtain a thick paste and apply it to your upper lip, sideburn or wherever you have facial hair growth.
- Let it dry out. Make sure it gets completely absorbed by your skin and hair.
- Wash with warm water and repeat the process twice a week for the best results.
- Papaya pulp has an enzyme that breaks down and inhibits the growth of hair follicles. It removes any existing hair very gently.
- The turmeric kills any bacteria causing spots and whitens your skin. It also prevents swelling of skin.
Sugar and yoghurt scrub
one spoon of full-fat Greek yoghurt
- a tsp of sugar crystals
- a tbsp of raw honey
- Mix the yoghurt and honey to obtain a paste. Make sure the yoghurt is fresh. Do not use sour yoghurt.
- Apply this paste to the area with facial hair growth.
- Use the sugar crystals to scrub out this paste and the hair with it.
- Scrub slowly to avoid any irritation.
- Wash with water afterwards and repeat the process a few times a month.
- The yoghurt has an anti-bacterial action which kills any agents that cause pimples and spots.
- Honey has a soothing effect on the skin. It also gives the skin a natural glow and prevents any dryness or itching.
- The sugar removes any hair gently.