Even if you’re not a fan of getting your face slathered with foundations, contours, and things-you-can’t-even-name, you can’t deny that longer eyelashes are something that you’d be happy to give efforts towards. The reason is simple, eyes can be said the best part of one’s face, they’re literally said to be the window to your soul. For this, many people purchase those very expensive mascaras that put a hole in your pocket, try infinite home remedies and whatnot. But the truth is, you can get the same look even by using your regular local mascaras. And home remedies would probably take months to work. But if you’re looking for some quick fixes, get those long lashes you’ve always desired for using some tips and tricks that we present for you!
Apply baby powder before mascara
Before applying any mascara, coat your eyelashes in some baby powder. This acts as a primer and gives your lashes instant volume and thickness.
- Baby powder: Few sprinkles
- Clean mascara wand
- Make sure you have a fresh and clean mascara wand without any makeup traces.
- Coat your wand in baby powder. Apply as if you’re applying mascara.
- Use the mascara after this as usual.
Use some coloured mascara
Coloured mascara will make your eyelashes stand out and pop among your other features. It will also give an illusion of longer and more defined eyelashes.
- Coloured mascara: any colour of your choice
- Classic black mascara
- Apply coloured mascara on both your upper and lower lash.
- Leaving the coloured as the base for about 1/3th of your lash, cover the rest with a black mascara. Do this on both upper and lower lash.
Heat your eyelash curler
If you’re very proficient in using an eyelash curler, try warming it up a little. It works the same way as it does on your hair. It will make the curls last longer and prettier for a long time.
- Eyelash curler
- Heating device: Lighter, blow dryer, candle anything would do.
- Heat your eyelash curler a little bit.
- Check by touching it on inside of your hand and get the right temperature. Be very careful and don’t make it very hot.
- Use it as usual.
Moisturize your lashes
Regularly moisturizing and nourishing your lashes it more important then you think. It will make your eyelashes naturally thicker and longer so that you don’t have to worry about putting makeup every time. For this, you can prepare a serum at home.
- Castor oil: 1/2 a tablespoon
- Vitamin E: 1/2 tablespoon
- Aloe vera gel: 1/4th tablespoon
- Mix all the ingredients and store in an old nail polish container.
- Using a cotton bud or old mascara wand, apply this mixture on your lashes and leave it overnight.
- Repeat this process every night for a month.
Clean your eyelashes daily
If you use makeup regularly, make sure you remove it before going to bed. Removing the mascara will make sure that it doesn’t go flaky and stay onto your lashes, making them look dull and goopy.